We Review the Top Fashion Schools in the World, 2016
Each year thousands of eager design focused students enter the doors of some of the world’s top fashion schools. However, unlike many other career focuses, finding a great fashion school is not as straight forward as one might think. When deciding to embark upon a career in fashion or design, what are you really committing to? What skills do you need to thrive and reach the top of a quickly evolving international landscape? Some would say it all starts at a top fashion school.
Many of the world’s top fashion schools are etched into the subconscious of the industry. Names like F.I.T. and Central Saint Martins elicit a response worldwide, even from the none fashion minded. In addition to these famed institutions is a diverse group of fashion schools coveted by fashion students and professionals across the world. B.O.F. sheds light on this debate in its latest ranking of the Top Fashion Schools in the world.
Business of Fashion’s global fashion ranking list offers a well-rounded perspective on what makes a top fashion school. The ranking methodology includes three components: global influence, learning experience, and long-term value. So, what are the top fashion school in the world of 2016? Check out the list below and cast your votes in the comments sections. You can also check out The Dapifer’s latest fashion schools rankings here.
Top 10 Fashion Schools, 2016
(click the links to visit each school’s site)
1. Central Saint Martins, www.arts.ac.uk/csm/
2. Kingston University, www.kingston.ac.uk/
3. Aalto University, School of Arts, Design and Architecture, arts.aalto.fi/en/
4. Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Antwerp, www.antwerpacademy.be/
5. Parsons School of Design, www.newschool.edu/parsons/
6. Fashion Institute of Technology, www.fitnyc.edu/
7. London College of Fashion, www.arts.ac.uk/fashion/
8. Bunka Gakuen, bwu.bunka.ac.jp/languages/english/
9. Polimoda, www.polimoda.com/en/home.html
10. Shenkar College of Engineering, Design and Art, www.shenkar.ac.il/en/