These are the 10 Top Male Models of the Moment Based on Social MediaMale models don’t get near the notoriety of their female counterparts. Just think, how many top male models can you name? Now think again, but this time try to name female models. The parallel is quite dramatic. Perhaps, it’s the way that fashion is marketed. Female models are depicted as being glamorous ideals of beauty, and male models are shown as stoic, Greek like statues. Then again, maybe its simply a numbers game. Women spend way more on fashion than men, right? Not so fast. According to recent research from The Boutique @ Ogilvy men are becoming just as fashion conscious. Shockingly, the report reveals that men spend $85 on apparel and accessories to women’s $75. As of late, there’s been a rise in the visibility of top male models as brands adjust to changing demographics. Along with social media conscious new supermodels like Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner, there are rising top males models like Lucky Blue Smith and Cameron Dallas, boasting 3.3M and 30.2M social media followers, respectively. These male models are dialing into fans across the world and providing something very appealing to brands, social currency. Below we take a look at 10 top male models of the moment according to social media.
1. Cameron DallasVine star turned top male model, Cameron Dallas, is a prime example of the power of social media. Dallas skyrocketed to fame on the social video app Vine and amassed millions of faithful followers along the way. His big break came when he was casted in an exclusive Calvin Klein Jeans FW16 2016 campaign. Since then, Dallas has appeared on the cover of Wonderland magazine and fronted a series of high-profile editorials for the likes of VOGUE and HERO magazine. Cameron leads the pack with an immense lead. At 17 million total followers, the next content has less than one-fourth the following. Want to see more of Cameron Dallas? You can check out the male model’s instagram here .
2. Baptiste GiabiconiFrench male model Baptiste Giabiconi is a certified icon. Giabiconi’s portfolio is one of the most prolific of any male model, ever. He is the currently the male face of brands Chanel, Fendi, and Karl Lagerfeld. In addition to lucrative advertising contracts, Baptiste has also appeared in top magazines including VOGUE, Harper’s Bazaar, Interview, Numero, V Man, and L’Officiel Hommes. Giabiconi has a total following of 3.4M. Want to see more of Baptiste Giabiconi? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
3. Lucky Blue SmithLucky Blue Smith is one of the most recognizable male model faces of the moment. First discovered at the age of 10 and signed by 12, Lucky’s classic and youthful look quickly gained him the attention of industry players. Lucky Blue has proven to have a face that sells and he’s fronted campaigns for L’Oreal, Calvin Klein, Tom Ford, and Philip Plein. Lucky has also appeared on his fair share of top magazine covers, with over 37 publications to date. Lucky Blue Smith currently has over 3.3M social media followers. Want to see more of Lucky Blue Smith? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
4. Stephen JamesFootballer turned male model Stephen James has used his bad boy personality and looks to carve a unique niche for himself in the industry. The tatted model has lent his bold, alternative look to brands like Philip Plein, Calvin Klein, and Diesel. James has also fronted covers for ELLE Man and Men’s Health. Stephen James currently has over 2.1M social media followers. Want to see more of Stephen James? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
5. Jon KortajarenaJon Kortajarena is an industry veteran. The Spanish male model and actor has fronted campaigns for a lucrative list of top fashion brands including Balmain, Bulgari, Salvatore Ferragamo, Carolina Herrera, Tom Ford, and Versace. In 2009, Kortajarena was even named one of The World’s 10 Most Successful Male Models by Forbes Jon Kortajarena currently has over 1.9M social media followers. Want to see more of Jon Kortajarena? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
6. Pietro BoselliWho says that male models aren’t smart? Meet Pietro Boselli, mechanical engineer and former University math lecturer. Boselli began his career early, first modeling for Armani Junior. He returned to the spotlight after one of his university students snapped a picture of him during lecture that subsequently went viral. Boselli’s portfolio includes high-profile campaigns with EQUINOX and Moschino. Pietro Boselli currently has over 1.6M social media followers. Want to see more of Pietro Boselli? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
7. Neels VisserLos Angeles based male model Neels Visser may be early on in his career, but his followers have already cast their vote of approval. The fresh faced, filmmaker and Youtuber has already fronted a handful campaigns for the likes of American Eagle and Maybelline. He’s also walked for Dolce & Gabbana and Rochambeau. Neels Visser currently has over 1.63M social media followers. Want to see more of Neels Visser? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
8. Francisco LachowskiBrazilian male model Francisco Lachowski was discovered during Ford Men’s Supermodel of the World Competition in São Paulo in 2008. Since then Lachowski has built a lucrative professional career. He’s fronted campaigns for brands including Balmain, Dior Homme, Express, and Furla. Lachowski also has an impressive runway resume counting Balmain and Giorgio Armani as repeat clients. Francisco Lachowski currently has over 1.57M social media followers. Want to see more of Francisco Lachowski? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
9. Andrea DenverItalian born male model, Andrea Denver has many claims to fame. He’s already starred in two major music videos: Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space” and Jennifer Lopez’s “I Luh Ya Papi”. In addition to his onscreen appearances, Denver has worked with brands like MAC, Ralph Lauren, and BOSS. Andrea Denver currently has over 1.1M social media followers. Want to see more of Andrea Denver? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
10. Tyson BeckfordMale model Tyson Beckford is a certified industry icon. He’s broken barriers of race and solidified himself as one of the few recognized male supermodels. Beckford’s career began in the early 90s and his popularity spanned throughout early 00’s. Tyson is perhaps best know for his lucrative contracts with Ralph Lauren, for which he appeared as the face of the brand for several consecutive seasons. In addition, the model has also fronted campaigns for Calvin Klein and Gucci. Beckford is also widely recognized outside of fashion. He’s appeared in a variety of television shows, films, and was even an official judge for America’s Next Top Model. Tyson Beckford currently has over 1.14M social media followers. Want to see more of Tyson Beckford? You can check out the male model’s instagram here.
Want to be a fashion insider?Subscribe here for the latest updates direct to your inbox!