We take a Look at the 10 Top SuperÂ Models of the Moment According to Instagram.Today, a model’s career can be made by uploading a single image on a social media account. Top models and influencers alike are cashing in on the power of social media and building legions of followers along the way. This new generation has ushered in a new era ofÂ supermodels. In addition to booking ad campaigns, gracing the covers of magazines, and walking the catwalk,Â a model is expected to share the experience with fans. Perhaps it’s our fascination with reality tv or an increasing need to have information in real time. The lines between artist, entertainer, and supermodel are merging like never before. Let’s take a look at the 10 Most Popular Supermodels of the Moment According to Instagram.
10.Â Alessandra Ambrosio7m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/alessandraambrosio Brazilian supermodel and actressÂ Alessandra Ambrosio has built an enviable reputation spanning almost two decades. The Victoria’s Secret Angel has worked for almost every fashion brand imaginable and is still nabbing magazine covers and ad campaigns.
9. Emily Ratajkowski8.2m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/emrata/ Emily Ratajkowski is one of the fastest rising faces of the moments. First gaining recognition from covering Treats Magazine, Ratajkowski went on to star in Robin Thicke’s hugely popular “Blurred Lines” music video. Since then the model has graced the covers of Sport’s Illustrated Swimsuit issue and has walked the catwalk for designers includingÂ Marc Jacobs and Miu Miu.
8. Irina Shayk6.6m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/irinashayk/ Russian Supermodel Irina Shayk is having the best year of her career. The model is a regular cover star for magazines like W, GQ Italia, and the international editions of Vogue. Shayk is also a favorite on the catwalk. She’s a regular model for Versace, Moschino, and Marc Jacobs.
7. Adriana Lima8.3m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/AdrianaLima/ Today, Adriana Lima is an international househould name. The Brazilian supermodel entered the scene in the late 90’s and hasn’t slowed down since. Perhaps most famous for her extensive contract as a Victoria’s Secret Angel, Lima is still ranked as one of the world’s highest earning models.
6. Gisele Bundchen10.1m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/gisele/ Gisele Bunchden has completely conquered the business of modeling. The Brazilian supermodel has been atop the list of highest earning models since 2004 and was even named the 89th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes Magazine. Even with kids and a high-profile marriage to Patriots QB Tom Brady, Gisele continues to dominate the international market as one of the most exclusive models of the moment.
5. Miranda Kerr10m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/mirandakerr/ Australian Supermodel Miranda Kerr skyrocketed to fame as the first Australian Victoria’s Secret Model in 2007. Since then, Kerr has graced the covers of titles like Vogue Italia and even appeared in the annual Pirelli Calendar. Kerr is currently married to actor Orlando Bloom and owns an organic skincare line.
4. Tyra Banks4.4m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/tyrabanks/ Tyra Banks has transcended the world of fashion into eternal supermodel status. With a career spanning over two decades, Banks is one of the most recognizable figures in the world. First gaining popularity from her ground breaking 8 year run as a Victoria’s Secret Angel, Banks went on to create hit reality tv show, America’s Next Top Model and even host her own talk show. Today, Banks is retired from professional modeling but still appears on covers and manages her own production company, Bankable productions.
3. Gigi Hadid23.2m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/GigiHadid/ Young American supermodel Gigi Hadid has perhaps the earliest career start of any model. First scouted by Guess’s Paul Marciano at the age of 2, Hadid began her career modeling with Baby Guess. Returning to the spotlight over a decade later, Gigi Hadid has rapidly ascended becoming one of the world’s top models of the moment. Hadid has appeared on the cover of 11 Vogue’s (counting international issues) and is a favorite of designers like Donatella Versace and Balmain.
2. Cara Delevingne33.9m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/caradelevingne/ The anti-supermodel, supermodel Cara Delevingne seems to be everyone’s it girl. The model and actress first gained popularity fronting high-profile brands like Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, & Chanel. Delevingne went on to announce an early retirement from modeling to focus on her acting career. Since then the starlet has starred in films includingÂ Paper Towns and Suicide Squad.
1. Kendall Jenner66.1m Instagram Followers www.instagram.com/kendalljenner/ Kendall Jenner was famous before she was model. Thrown into the spotlight on E!’s Keeping up with the Kardashians alongside famous sibling Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe, Kendall opted for a different type of fame. Following a breakout Season in 2014 where she walked the runway for Marc Jacobs, Jenner has skyrocketed to supermodel-dom. To date, the young supermodel counts US Vogue, Calvin Klein, Givenchy, Chanel, and Dior as repeat clients. The social media sensation represents the epitome of a new era of supermodels, one that is defined most by social influence.
Want to be a fashion insider?Subscribe here for the latest updates direct to your inbox!